Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Steps towards a future... unknown to me.

So recently, I have been feeling a little frustrated at work. Part of it is the fact its' retail and it will never seam to be a good career choice for me. The other part is that I don't get to spend a lot of time with my wife and daughter. My wife, Yumaira, has weekends off and that, is something I don't think I can do while working at a retail job. I voiced this concern to her and she suggested/pushed me into going back to school. It has been ten years since I went to school and many more since I lost took it seriously. Having grown up in Los Angeles, the school system, for me, was an utter failure. When I attended High School, there were riots there. While it didn't happen in my time, it did set forth the climate of my high school years.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/23/local/me-25304

It was bad enough that every class, including my honors class, was over crowded and full of teachers that didn't care anymore. When I would speak to them, they were frustrated with the system and the extremely low wages didn't help. I agree with them on that one, they needed more money to put up with the s*$% they had to deal with on a daily basis.

So, to say the least, school wasn't really all that inviting for me during those important times. I ended up ditching a lot because of it. Sometimes I would go to the local college (LA Valley College) and sneak into a class just so I can learn something. Other times, I would go hang out in the library and talk to the people that ran it.  Over the course of four years, I began to understand how the world works... And that Bush was a terrible president.

Sorry about that, I tend to go on a tangent sometimes. Either way; me going back to school takes a real big push. Thankfully Emilia, my daughter, and Yumaira are there to push me to get a degree and make something out of myself. Because they are tired of me going to work on the weekends, instead of going to a park with them. They are my biggest motivators and I am going to try for them. I tired doing it for myself and that's how I ended up in retail so lets see if I can make something of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment